Tuesday 7 February 2012

Materials


This week I have learnt how to use the material tool to create a realistic look to my object. to do this I used the shortcut M to bring up the material menu, I then click on the box next to diffuse and select bitmap I then find my image and select it, this then brings the image into the library, from here I then use the button to go back to the parent menu, I then select the tab at the bottom for map and copy and paste my material into the bump section , this then makes the item more real giving it more dimension and not so flat, this is much better and most item are not completely flat. After I have created the material i then simply drag and drop it onto the object that I want it to apply to. once applied i then change the lighting from the parent menu to give the material more of  reflective look. i like the way that my first attempt has come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment